When rendering on multiple computers over a network, the calculation tasks are split and repatriated by the Render Manager to the Clients.
THE PROPER ENVIRONMENT:
- A physical network is requested, wireless networks may slow down very much the process
- There is no limitation of the number of Clients you can connect to the same Render Manager
- The network can be composed of both, Mac and Windows
- Client computers should have similar configuration to that running Artlantis, with special regard to the number and power of the processors, as well embedded RAM. (The graphic card is not relevant , since it does not participate to the process.) If there are big differences between the computers, the weakest will take over the lead, and may produce crashes.
- It is imperative to run the very same and latest version/subversion of Artlantis for the Clients too. If you updated Artlantis, you have to download the same updated Client app from the Artlantis website and install it. ( uninstall the existing Client first).
- Remove Artlantis and all the related apps (Render Manager, Client...) of the antivirus/firewall of each computer
- Run the Render Manager and the Client apps on an admin session.
- Only one Render Manager at a time can be run on the same network
- Make sure the names of the rendered images, or folders and paths don't contain specific characters (ü, ?, &, +, %, (, ), …)
- Send your renderings to a local folder, not to a synchronized folder like Dropbox or a server
- When the calculation starts, one of the clients calculates the irradience cash and distributes the tasks to the rest of the Clients. This is an automatic process , you cannot control it.
- If a client becomes seamlessly disconnected, i.e. the dot changes to read, the calculation task is automatically reassigned to another computer.
- If you meet crashes, you may try to run only one of the Clients and check what happens.
- you may do the following test (to exclude the probability of a faulty object, geometry which may cause a crash):
- Open the demo scene file you can find here:
on PC: /Users/ Public/Public Documents/Abvent/Artlantis/ Scenes
on Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Abvent/Artlantis/Scenes
- Choose one of the views to be rendered later.
- Without changing anything, save it as an archive file on your desktop.
- Close Artlantis, open the Render Manger with the Clients and start the calculation.
If you still have problems, contact the Support Center and send us your log files.
GENERATE LOG FILES:
Log file for the Render Manager on PC :
> This is a hidden folder. To have access to it, please follow the steps of this article.
Client logs on Windows:
Launch the Client and make a right click on its icon in the taskbar. Choose Logs from the contextual menu.